Effective Advocacy Involvement in the Policy Making Process.
Presenter: Buck Humphrey, Pharmacy Advocacy Task Force Lobbyist
Join Buck Humphrey for MPhA's October Virtual Coffee Break. In today's turbulent and rapidly changing health care environment, pharmacy professionals are needed more than ever to explain how pharmacy helps to create healthier communities and why our services deserve recognition. The involvement of pharmacists in all settings, plus pharmacy technicians and pharmacy students, is essential.
After participating in this Virtual Coffee Break Webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the biannual cycle of the Minnesota Legislature.
- List the committees of most influence for Minnesota pharmacy advocacy work.
- Explain the steps needed to sign up for Committee notices and contact your legislator.
- Describe steps to build relationships with policymakers and the right congressional staffers.
- Explain how to generate impactful opportunities to connect with policymakers.
- Develop a plan of activities to establish a stronger relationship with an elected official.
FREE for MPhA members and $25 for nonmembers. Student pharmacists and residents are provided a complimentary registration.
Student pharmacists and residents are provided a complimentary registration, please use the promo code “WebinarComp16” when checking out.
The Minnesota Pharmacists Association is accredited by the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This activity is approved for one credit hour.
To receive Board of Pharmacy credits for this program the following must be completed:
- Full participation/completion of webinar either during the live program or the archived presentation
- Completion of survey post webinar acknowledging participation
Board of Pharmacy credit processing takes place on the 15th of each month.
The Minnesota Pharmacists Association is accredited by the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com with questions about credits.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any technical questions or issues.