Flu Vaccine Guidance for Minnesota Pharmacists
Join us to learn about new influenza recommendations and to refresh your knowledge of the basics of giving flu vaccine! An expert from the Minnesota Department of Health will present essential information to prepare for the 2017-2018 influenza season and answer your questions related to providing influenza vaccine.
Following the webinar, participants will have learned to:
- Interpret current influenza immunization recommendations in the context of pharmacy settings and the pharmacist’s scope of practice.
- Provide appropriate patient education and counseling to patients presenting for influenza vaccine.
- Describe proper technique for vaccine administration.
- Locate resources to guide immunization practice in the pharmacy setting.
Presenter: Jennifer Heath, DNP, MPH, RN
Jennifer has a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from the University of Minnesota, Rochester, and both a Master of Public Health degree in Epidemiology and a Doctor of Nursing Practice degree from the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. She is currently the Education and Partnerships Unit Supervisor of the Minnesota Department of Health Immunization Program, providing leadership on several adult and influenza vaccine initiatives.
FREE for MPhA members and $25 for nonmembers. Student pharmacists and residents are provided a complimentary registration.
Student pharmacists and residents are provided a complimentary registration, please use the promo code “WebinarComp16” when checking out.
The Minnesota Pharmacists Association is accredited by the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This activity is approved for one credit hour.
To receive Board of Pharmacy credits for this program the following must be completed:
- Full participation/completion of webinar either during the live program or the archived presentation
- Completion of survey post webinar acknowledging participation
Board of Pharmacy credit processing takes place on the 15th of each month.
The Minnesota Pharmacists Association is accredited by the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about credits.
Please contact email@example.com with any technical questions or issues.