MPhA Executive Director Position is Open – Apply Now!
Friday, October 12, 2018
The Minnesota Pharmacists Association (MPhA) has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced professional to lead our organization into the next decade as our Executive Director. Founded in 1883, MPhA is one of the longest standing pharmacy organizations in the state of Minnesota and in the country. MPhA is a dynamic and changing organization as the pharmacist profession adapts and responds to the ever-changing health care industry. We encourage leaders to apply who can help us fulfill upon our mission: Serving Minnesota pharmacists to advance patient care.
MPhA’s focus is on sustaining and enhancing the practice of pharmacy and the careers of Minnesota pharmacy professionals. Our members enjoy professional networking opportunities and access to high-quality educational programs with experts in the field at events such as the MPhA Annual Meeting, Fall Symposium, Legislative Day and other sponsored continuing education programs.
The Executive Director serves as chief executive officer and provides executive level leadership and management for the Association and its subsidiary companies. The Executive Director participates in the formulation of new policies, and implements existing policies as they have been approved by the Board of Directors. The Executive Director will work with the Board of Directors to create and execute a strong vision for MPhA based on an understanding of where the practice is today and how the Association can be a critical factor for the continual growth of the pharmacy profession into the future. The Executive Director works to promote MPhA membership as the key voice for pharmacy in Minnesota.
- Experience in organizational management.
- A history of executive level leadership in professional or business organizations preferred.
- Experience and expertise in the legislative process, specifically as an advocate before the legislature and state agencies on behalf of an organization.
- B.S. in Pharmacy or Pharm.D. preferred, but not required.
- Experience coordinating membership initiatives.
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication skills.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITY
Within the limits of the Constitution, Bylaws and policies, the Executive Director is responsible for and has the authority to accomplish the duties set forth below.
The Executive Director is expected to help maintain the high standards of MPhA and the profession through organizational governance, ethical leadership, and exemplary personal and professional conduct.
The Executive Director owes a duty of loyalty to MPhA and its members and must be free from conflicts of interest that could adversely influence their judgment, objectivity or loyalty to MPhA or its members. MPhA recognizes that staff may take part in legitimate financial, business, charitable, and other activities outside of the services provided for or within MPhA, but any potential conflict of interest raised by those activities must be disclosed promptly and avoided or mitigated.
Basic Association Duties
- Is responsible to the Board of Directors for the facilitation, communication, and administrative oversight of the working relationship with the Association Management Firm. Directs and coordinates all approved programs, projects, and major activities of the Association with the Association Management Firm.
- Serves as chief spokesperson for MPhA and its affiliated companies.
- Ensures that the Board of Directors, Finance Committee and District & Academy leaders are fully informed on all-important factors affecting the Association.
- Attends all meetings of the Board of Directors and Executive Finance Committee. Be available as requested for District and Pharmacy Academy meetings.
- Provides facilitation and executive leadership during organizational strategic planning. Develops and recommends, for the approval by the Board of Directors, policies and programs which will advance the objectives of the Association and executes all decisions of the Board of Directors.
- Ensures support is available to all Districts, Academies, and committees to enable these groups to properly perform their functions. Additionally, ensures that all District, Academy, or committee minutes, decisions, and recommendations are submitted to the Board of Directors for review and appropriate action.
- Executes such contracts and commitments as may be authorized by the Board of Directors.
- Places high priority on developing and maintaining amicable and collaborative relationships with other associations or organizations.
- Performs such other general responsibilities as may be delegated by the officers and Board of Directors.
- Oversees development and execution of membership promotion and retention programs. Evaluates results and recommends policies, procedures, and plans to achieve Association’s membership goals.
- Plans and conducts annual membership meetings and convention. Utilizes the Board of Directors or a committee of the membership in the development of the convention program.
- Provide high quality benefits and services to MPhA members.
LEGISLATIVE AND GOVERNMENTAL AFFAIRS
- Develops and maintains effective governmental and legislative relationships.
- Solicits feedback from members and the Board of Directors in order to ensure appropriate representation and execution of the determined advocacy/legislative priorities to enhance the professional and economic status of the profession and membership.
- Acts as primary liaison for the Association in governmental affairs, legislative and lobbying efforts.
- Works with the Treasurer and the Association Management Firm to ensure that all funds, physical assets, and other property of the Association or its affiliates are appropriately safeguarded and administered.
- Operates within approved budget to assure a financially strong organization where the collective needs of its members remain the top priority.
- Facilitates identification and capture of additional revenue sources.
- Focus on sound business practices.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation.
To apply: Email cover letter, resume and salary range to Becca Pryse at email@example.com.